Most of our elected representatives, be they MPs or DUN members, do not want to antagonize the Chief Minister, Abdul Taib Mahmud because they know the consequences. In fact almost all of them continue heaping praises on him hoping that their voices are heard. Once he notices you and you become his confidant, you are on the way to the millionaire’s club.
Look at the State Assemblyman for Simunjan, YB Haji Mohd Naroden bin Haji Majais, who comes from an average family in Gedong. Since he became YB in the 1991 State election, he has not only become a confidant of the Chief Minister and is now an assistant minister in the Chief Minister’s department, but also he is locally known as the “King of oil palm” in Simunjan owning among the largest areas of oil palm.
According to the Land and Survey Department’s Laporan Statistic Suku Ketiga Tahun 2005 (Statistic Report for Third quarter 2005) his companies now own seven areas in Simunjan consisting of 16,486 hectares (roughly 41,215 acres) of land for the planting of oil palm.
The breakdown is as follows:-
- Tanjong Midin, Batang Kerang, Simunjan/Serian, Lot 2984 Melikin land district of 4555 hectares approved in 1996 under the Pelita Nirwana Muhibbah Sdn Bhd;
- Batang Kerang, Simunjan/Serian, Lot 2981 Melikin land district with 3770 hectares approved in 1988 under the Gedong Plantation Sdn Bhd;
- Batang Kerang, Simunjan/Serian, Lot 2980 Melikin land district with 3480 hectares approved in 1988 under the Gedong Plantation Sdn Bhd;
- Between Batang Sadong and Sungai Simunjan, Lot 1226 Sedilu Gedong land district with 2182 hectares approved in 2004 under the Hydroflow Sdn Bhd;
- Between Lubuk Teba and Sungai Sentok, Gedong, Lot 1227 Sedilu Gedong land district with 593 hectares approved in 2004 under the Hydroflow Sdn Bhd;
- Tanjung Embang, Simunjan, Lot 1228 Sedilu Gedong land district with 189 hectares approved in 2003 under the Indranika Jaya Sdn Bhd;
- Between Tanjung Sap and Sungai Benat B, Simunjan, Lot 1229 with 1717 hectares approved in 2003 under Indranika Sdn Bhd.
This list is only up to the third quarter of 2005, but what about from thereon to this day? Imagine the amount of money his companies have earned all this while when CPO (Crude Palm Oil) was RM3,000 in March this year from the matured oil palms.
We do not envy him, nor are we jealous of him (in case Alfred Jabu says so) and how can we envy him when we, as voters, also contribute to his wealth. But what we – Malay and Iban voters – ask of him is that he should leave our NCR land alone. - The Broken Shield
Kawasan Pilihanraya: N.19 SIMUNJAN
|Nama:||YB. TUAN HAJI MOHD. NARODEN B. HAJI MAJAIS|
|Jawatan:||Menteri Muda di Pejabat Ketua Menteri (Pembangunan Usahawan Bumiputra) Menteri Muda Kemajuan Tanah|
|Alamat:||Tingkat 12, Wisma Bapa Malaysia, Petra Jaya, 93502 Kuching|
|No. Telefon (Pejabat):||082 - 492255|
|No. Telefon (Kediaman):||082 - 440468|
|No. Fak:||082 - 449079|
|Parti:||Parti Pesaka Bumiputra Bersatu - PBB (BN)|